Recipe & Menu Management
It’s never been so simple to get an online, accurately costed and nutritionally analysed recipe book and menu plan. How? Read more about the individual features below.
- With an online Store Cupboard stocked with fully nutritionally analysed ingredients, building healthy and balanced recipes is easy and effective.
- Each stock item has a portfolio of information, including preferred supplier details, purchase pack sizes and pricing information.
- This information automatically feeds through to recipe and menu management, providing real-time accurate costing data.
- Recipes can be built and stored in Saffron and full nutritional, allergen and costing information is automatically generated to give clear and concise pricing and nutritional data.
- This information, along with pictorial examples, method and information tags can be used to create a portfolio of recipe cards to ensure quality and consistency throughout.
- Such a high level of detail of each and every stock item in your Store Cupboard ensures the accuracy you need to provide successful results within all of your catering operations.
- Menu planning within Saffron is a simple way to forecast supplier recommended orders, with up-to date costs and selling prices.
- You can identify cost and profit by each menu and dish, with theoretical vs actual performance statistics to ensure maximum profit.
- It ensures your menus adhere to any nutritional guidelines you are expected to meet.
- Recipes can be easily collated to create a range of different menu cycles, to suit the way you operate.
Healthy eating is a topic close to all our hearts, and Saffron enables you to provide your customers the information they need to support a healthy lifestyle. Read more about the individual features below.
- Saffron comes with an online Store Cupboard, stocked with fully nutritionally analysed ingredients. This information is sourced from the McCance and Widdowson database along with specific supplier information.
- The ability to report on up to 70 nutrients ensures you find the analysis you are looking for.
- Nutritional analysis and allergy tags are available at stock, recipe and menu level thanks to the streamlined automatic feed within Saffron.
- Saffron supports the compliance of the FIR 2014 by allowing the tagging of the 14 primary allergens and sub-allergens where required.
- Attach allergen information to stock items, manually or through a supplier import to provide accurate allergen information at stock item, recipe and menu level.
- Provides customers with the allergen information they need to make informed decision when ordering when used in partnership with the Saffron Allergen Web Portal.
- Benchmarked guidelines can be defined in Saffron, whether this is in adherence to School Nutrition Standards or Recommended Guidelines. All reporting will be made in accordance with these. Alternatively, you may wish to set your own.
- Saffron has been developed to comply with the new FIR 2014 guidelines on front of pack labelling. Although this information is voluntary, if you choose to present nutritional information it must be presented in the format as detailed in the FIR 2014.
Account for your stock quickly and accurately with our streamlined inventory control system. Read more about the individual features below.
Access an up to date accurate record of all stock levels and whereabouts, providing accurate trading results at any time.
Stock is recorded on an item by item basis, with stock summary sheets providing an overall view on stock levels.
Transfers & Wastage
All transfers in and out of your catering operation can be recorded and reported upon, supporting the accuracy of all stock whereabouts and levels.
The same is to be said for wastage; all wastage can be recorded within Saffron, with user-defined reason codes.
Our barcode scanner, Saffron Connect, will help you maintain an efficient and accurate stock control system.
Simply, the Saffron Connect system streamlines your stock taking process through the use of barcodes.
You can manage every step of your purchasing process with Saffron and its flexible purchasing functionality that gives you the ability to completely automate your process from end to end. Read more about the individual features below.
- Managing the way you purchase your stock is simple yet flexible in Saffron.
- Adhoc, suggested or even template orders are all options for the way you place orders with suppliers.
- Communicating your orders is also flexible, and options to fax, email or print off and send to suppliers, ensure that Saffron fits into the way you work.
Delivery Note & Invoice Management
- Once deliveries have been made, all delivery notes and invoices are to be matched and signed off within Saffron.
- Any discrepancies are immediately flagged up and stock levels automatically updated.
- Saffron also enables you to manage any goods returned and credit notes and has the ability to integrate with your finance management system.
- Saffron can provide a fully integrated purchasing solution, known as Purchase-to-Pay, via a secure web service.
- The web service supports a seamless exchange of electronic orders and purchasing documentation between you and your suppliers.
- Purchase-to-Pay is quick and easy, and eliminates paperwork along with duplicate data entry – saving you time and the cost of administration duties.
- Saffron P2P is powered in partnership by FDH & AdvanceFirst Technologies.
Managing your business’ income and expenditure doesn’t have to be a daunting task. With Saffron, you’re given the tools to capture real-time, accurate data efficiently and effectively. Read more about the individual features below.
Income & Expenditure Analysis
- The finance centre enables you to track and report on all aspects including income analysis, overhead and labour journals and petty cash management.
- Analyse your spend vs sales vs budget figures with the ability to take immediate action to improve.
- Saffron enables multi-site catering operators to manage all aspects of your businesses from one central point.
- Head office and Area Managers are able to report on real time data from each unit to make informed business decisions.
- Integrating Saffron with your in-house EPoS system is simple and eliminates any double entry, saving on time and improving accuracy.
- Saffron works with many EPoS providers – see our [partners] page for more details.
Implementing standard procedures and policies within your teams can be a difficult task, especially across multi-site operations. With Saffron Document Management you can keep your teams informed quickly and consistently.
- With Saffron document management, you have the ability to upload all documentation that your teams need to see.
- This may range from Health & Safety procedures to kitchen production manuals – all of which can be uploaded from your PC. All you need is an internet connection.
User Groups & Units
- Every document you upload can be assigned to specific units or users.
- You have the flexibility to allow certain groups and users access to relevant documentation.
- Alternatively, you can make documents available throughout the company and across multiple sites.
- Documentation is categorised for ease of reference, and colour coded to demonstrate at a glance the users and units that have accepted documentation.
- This level of accountability ensures your organisation can clearly demonstrate due diligence, in an instant.